Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4: Unexpected Kindness

Camden napped most of the day so I decided to finish up his wood letter of his name for the room. I painted the letters green to match his room then I hot glued different sized buttons all over the letters and then took brown ribbon and tied them to the tab at the top so they would hang easier.

When my mom got home from work we went to the mall which was perfect because Camden was getting crabby (his teeth are still bothering him, or lack of teeth I guess) and he loves being walked in the stroller. I think this week I'm going to buy some sippy cups for him, the ones with the handles. When I had Camden i promised myself my child would not be one of those two year olds still sucking on a bottle and he is already trying to  hold the bottle himself but it's too wide for him to grip with his hands. I almost forgot the best part of my day. I checked the mail as I normally do everyday and took out my mail and I saw an envelope addressed to Camden. It didn't have a return address or even my address on it, it just said Camden. I opened it and it said "You're a gift from heaven. Merry Christmas -your secret santa" and it included a 100 dollar bill. I immediately started crying. It feels amazing knowing that so many people out there care about Camden. I feel so guilty sometimes because Camden doesn't have a dad and I blame myself for him not having "enough love" when that's not that case. I can't even put into words how much that meant to me, and it meant even more knowing that the person didn't want me to know who sent it. It makes me want to do something nice for a complete stranger 


No comments:

Post a Comment