Wednesday, November 16, 2011

For The First Time

When was the last time you saw something for the first time? I mean really saw something. Every time Camden sees something for the first time I glow with pride. Today he saw his mobile for the first time. I mean he sees it everyday when I put him in his crib, but today he really saw it and was absolutely fascinated by it. The look on his face literally put me to tears. My sweet innocent newborn (not so much anymore) baby was starting to actually see things for the first time. As I turned the mobile his eyes followed the little teddy bear as it went in a circle. I think I was getting more entertainment watching him than he was getting from the mobile.



If he is this fascinated by a mobile I can't wait until he sees snow for the first time, or better yet feels it. The first time he steps on leaves, the first time he sees a bee. The list can go on of things I can't wait for him to see. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your child do something for the first time. It literally amazes me. I created this beautiful baby, with his own personality, who can actually see things and feel things. Okay I know it's not that amazing people make babies all the time, but unless you experience it first hand, you won't understand it.


I think I'm starting to get this multitasking thing down finally. At first it was a little overwhelming. I had no idea how I was supposed to shower, do laundry, wash bottles, change diapers, and clean the house all while watching a baby. Yesterday, I did all of those things in just a few hours, without even a sound from Camden. I even had time to take the dog outside a few times. It felt really good to know that I did all of those things without the help from anyone. Well I did get some help from his new doorway jumper. Now I have to start it all over again today. I am in love with my crazy, stressful, overwhelming, amazing life. Take that everyone who said I would be miserable after having a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment