Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sleepless Nights

Camden is going through so many phases right now, needless to say I have been getting zero sleep.He used to be the perfect baby. He slept through the night in his crib for 8 hours at a time. He only cried when he was hungry, and never stopped smiling or cooing. This past two weeks he has been a completely new baby. Camden hates to be alone. If I leave the room for even a few seconds he starts crying. He needs to see people at all times. I put him in the car yesterday and he instantly started screaming the minute I closed the door and was out of sight. I dread getting him to bed at night because he has been getting up every two hours wanting to lay in bed with me and sharing a twin size bed is not easy.


I also think he is teething. Usually babies start teething between 4 to 7 months. I have read a million and one parenting books and they never talk about how bad it is. Camden wants to eat every hour to two hours, even throughout the night. He doesn't want to nap, he is chewing on absolutely everything and is crying for hours and is impossible to console. I feel so bad because I know that his gums hurt and there is nothing I can do to help. I don't believe in giving him any medication and he won't take a teething ring. I just keep telling myself this phase will pass soon and he will be back to his happy self.


On a happier note Camden is hitting so many new milestones. He is rolling over both ways now, although he still doesn't tolerate tummy time. He is grabbing at toys and follows toys with his eyes if you move them. I just started teaching him some sign language. we are currently working on the signs milk and more. I want to teach him a few more, but I think for now we will stick with those two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment